Sunday, September 12, 2010

A Season in Atlanta Ended

Okay, so I guess everyone does FB now and no one looks at blogs! Now we are moved from Atl, GA to Marshall, MN where Rick has been hired by SMSU in the Communication dept. We miss our friends in Atlanta, and our children in TN and most of all our grandchildren. However, we are enjoying returning to our roots in MN. Closed on our new home in Marshall last Friday. praise God! God has led us here and we are searching out a church to call "home". Fall is quickly approaching as the air cools down and we anticipate a period of adjusting to cold weather once again after being away from it for 23 yrs. I was just putting things away and came across old news clipping of Rick's brother Ray's memorial service in 1998, hard to believe he died just before his 47th birthday and it has been 12 yrs already. I wish we had been able to travel from FL to MN for the event, but circumstances had not permitted and I still feel like their was no closure for us. In two weeks it will be the third year since my brother Rich went to heaven at age 56 and that also feels weird. Rich would have liked my new house, but it will never hear the sound of his big voice. I feel blessed to experience the marvelous benefits of God's grace and allow myself to grieve occasionally for those we love and miss. Here's to a new chapter in Marshall, MN--thank you God!

No comments: